[guide.chat] Fwd: Ring the bell!

  • From: Keith Wines <muckyduck2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:23:19 +0100

-----Original Message-----
received with many thanks to : Si Watson
Sent On: 18/08/2011 19:27
Sent To: muckyduck2
:Fwd: Ring the bell!

 ring the bell

As the subway train emerged from the tunnel, the conductor saw
there were only 7 people aboard. "Ring the bell for all above-
ground stops," he announced over the speaker, knowing he wouldn't
need to stop at all 18 above ground stops.

Little Johnny rang the bell before the first stop.

The doors opened.

Nobody got out.

The doors closed and the train went on its way.

Just before the second stop, Little Johnny rang the bell again.

Again the doors opened.

Again nobody got out.

Again the doors closed and the train went on its way.

This process was repeated for fifteen more stops, with Little
Johnny ringing the bell every time, the doors opening but nobody
getting off the train.

When the train arrived at the last stop and the doors opened, all
seven people got off.  The conductor yelled over to Little Johnny.
"Hey!" he said. "How come you kept ringing the bell when you didn't
need to get off the train?"

"I did just what you told me to do," Little Johnny replied. "You
said, 'Ring the bell for all above ground stops!'"
-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked