[guide.chat] Fw: Well before my time... (I wish)

  • From: "elaine nutley" <e.nutley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Debbie Berkinshaw" <darrenanddebi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ann Coleman" <m.acoleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Nicola Daley" <n_daly@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Douel" <m.douel@xxxxxxx>, "Claire Evans" <claire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marion Foster" <marion331@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jenifer Furnell" <jenifer.furnell@xxxxxxxxx>, "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Hayto" <malhayto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Alf Lewendon" <alflewendon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Peter Nutley" <p.nutley@xxxxxxx>, "Sheila And Brian" <bj.knight007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Shirley Springett" <tripleckickerswdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Joyce Welsh" <jwelsh123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <young.g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 19:16:02 +0100

                        Interesting Year 1981
                        1. Prince Charles got married.
                        2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe .
                        3. Australia lost the Ashes.
                        4. The Pope died.

                        Interesting Year 2005
                        1. Prince Charles got married.
                        2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe .
                        3. Australia lost the Ashes.
                        4. The Pope died.

                        Lesson to be learned:
                        The next time Charles gets married, someone should warn
the Pope.

                        REMEMBER  WHEN:
                        All the girls had ugly gym slips

                        It took five minutes for the TV to warm up

                        Nearly everyone's Mum was home when the kids got home
from school

                        Nobody owned a purebred dog
                        You'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny
                        Your Mother wore nylons that came in two pieces

                        All male teachers wore ties and female teachers had
their hair done every day and wore high heels

                        You got your windscreen cleaned, oil checked and petrol
served, without asking, all for free, every time..

                        It was considered a great privilege to be taken out to
dinner at a real restaurant with your parents
                        They threatened to keep children back a year if they
failed the school year. . .  And they did!
                        When a Ford Zephyr was everyone's dream car...
                        And people went steady

                        No one ever asked where the car keys were because they
were always in the car, in the ignition, and the doors were never locked
                        Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was
cause for giggles?
                        Playing cricket with no adults to help the children
with the rules of the game
                        Bottles came from the corner shop without safety caps
and hermetic seals because no one had yet tried to poison a perfect stranger
                        And with all our progress, don't you wish, just once,
you could slip back in time and savour the slower pace, and share it with the
children of  today?
                        When being sent to the headmasters office was nothing
compared to the fate that awaited you at home
                        Basically we were in fear for our lives, but it wasn't
because of drive-by shootings, drugs, gangs etc. Our parents and grandparents
were a much bigger threat! But we survived because their love was greater than
the threat.
                        As well as summers filled with bike rides, cricket,
Hula  Hoops, skating and visits to the pool, eating lemonade powder or
liquorice sticks.

                        Didn't that feel good, just to go back and say, 'Yes, I
remember that'?

                        I am sharing this with you today because it ended with
a Double Dare to pass it on.  To remember what a Double Dare is, read on, and
remember that the perfect age is somewhere between old enough to know better
and too young to care.

                        Send this on to someone who can still remember the Lone
Ranger and Sgt Bilko
                        How Many Of These Do You Remember?
                        Coca  Cola  in bottles.
                        Blackjacks and bubble gums.
                        Home milk delivery in glass bottles with tinfoil tops
                        Hi-If's & 45 RPM records.
                        78 RPM records!
                        Adding Machines.
                        Scalextric.
                        Do You Remember a Time When..
                        Decisions were made by going 'Eeny-meeny-miney-moe'?
                        'Race issue' meant arguing about who ran the fastest?
                        Catching tadpoles could happily occupy an entire day?
                        It wasn't odd to have two or three  'Best  Friends'?

                        The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex
was 'chickenpox'?
                        Having a Weapon in School meant being caught with a
slingshot ?
                        War was a card game?
                        Cigarette cards in the spokes transformed any bike into
a motorcycle?
                        Taking drugs meant orange - flavoured chewable aspirin?
                        Water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

                        If you can remember most or all of these, Then You Have
Lived!!!!!!!

                        Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their
'Grown-Up' Life.
                        Double Dare You!

This e-mail or attachment(s) may contain confidential or legally privileged
information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use,
redistribution, disclosure or reproduction of this message, except as intended,
is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
and remove all copies of the message, including any attachments. Any views or
opinions expressed in this e-mail (unless otherwise stated) may not represent
those of Ashford & St.Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally
exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply
cannot be guaranteed. For further information about the Trust visit our website
at www.ashfordstpeters.nhs.uk. Sign up as a Foundation Trust member at
www.ashfordstpeters.nhs.uk/apply-online .

Kay Price
Office Manager
EMCOR Facilities Services
c/o British Airways plc,S471, P.O.Box 10, London Heathrow, Middlesex TW6 2JA
tel: 020 8562 2929    fax: 020 8562 0587

EMCOR Group, Inc. has been named the 2010 World's Most Admired Company in the
Engineering and Construction Industry by FORTUNE magazine.  Read more here.

http://www.emcoruk.com/

EMCOR Facilities Services Limited is registered in England No. 3053121 and is a
subsidiary of EMCOR Group (UK) plc, registered in England No. 806888.
Registered Office: 1 Thameside Centre, Kew Bridge Road, Kew Bridge, Middlesex,
TW8 0HF

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this message in
error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.  You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.

JPEG image

GIF image

JPEG image