[guide.chat] Fw: The NHS in a nutshell

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:08:53 +0100

Subject: Fw: The NHS in a nutshell

-----

      Subject: The NHS in a nutshell
      NHS COVERAGE IN A NUTSHELL

      The phone rings and the lady of the house answers,
      "Hello." "Mrs. Sanders, please."
      "Speaking."
      "Mrs. Sanders, this is Doctor Jones at Saint Agnes Laboratory.
      When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week,
      a biopsy from another Mr. Sanders arrived as well.

      We are now uncertain which one belongs to your husband.
      Frankly, either way the results are not too good."

      "What do you mean?" Mrs. Sanders asks nervously.
      "Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's
      and the other one tested positive for HIV.  We can't tell which is which."

      "That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?" questioned Mrs.Sanders.
      "Normally we can, but the NHS will only pay for these expensive tests
once."

      "Well, what am I supposed to do now?"
      "The NHS Helpdesk recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in
the middle of town.

      If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him."

18:02