[guide.chat] Felix.

  • From: "Judith Appleton" <judith.appleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:56:26 +0100

Hi every one. Malcolm, I'm glad that you have a Cat. I have had Cats now for
over 30 Years. And I find they are very mischievous. But they can also be a
worry. One of my Cats, who's name was Felix, really had me worried. We had, had
the electrician in. And when he had gone, there was no sign of Felix. And he
wasn't a Cat who went out much. I searched the house all through. But I
couldn't find him anywhere. My Mother who was alive at the time, went looking
outside, but no, still no sign of him. I was almost in tears, but that didn't
help. It was about 8 hours later, when I was in my bedroom, I thought I heard a
Miaow.I listened, but nothing. I began to think I was going mad. But then I
heard some thing scratching. I listened, but it stopped. I sat very still. And
then I heard the scratching again. And I heard where it was coming from. It was
coming from the rafters under the floor. I didn't know what ever to do, because
I couldn't get under the floor boards. Any way my Mum went and got Mr Brock who
was one of our neighbours. He came, and got the floor boards up. He shone a
Torch down, and at first he said that he couldn't see anything. He walked away
for a little while. And then he looked again. And then he said that he could
just see a Yellow eye looking at him. But Felix wouldn't come out. So I went
and got a Saucer with Carnation Milk on. Every one left the Room, but me. I put
the Milk at the top of the hole. And he came. I managed to get him in my arms.
I was so happy, but very dirty. It took him weeks to get him clean again. I can
laugh now, but I don't mind telling you I didn't laugh then.
Judith, from Farnworth bolton.