[guide.chat] Emmerdale Gossip here for you

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:09:38 -0000

By , Soaps Editor
© PA Images / Ian West/PA Wire has revealed that she would be interested in
returning to Emmerdale at some point in the future.
Earlier in the summer,  before starting work on a stage version of classic
sitcom Birds of a Feather in 2012.
The star's character Hazel Rhodes is currently at the centre of Emmerdale's
highest-profile plot after helping her son Jackson Walsh to die in an assisted
suicide storyline. Jackson's boyfriend Aaron Livesy (), who played the crucial
role in his death, will face a murder trial in next week's episodes.
Speaking about her Emmerdale future in an interview with TV Times, Quirke
explained: "Aaron and Hazel will always have this incredible bond, and
hopefully that's something the writers will explore after I've left - I'm going
at Christmas.
"I've been away from my own children while I've been in Leeds and Danny has
been my lovely surrogate son. He's been a joy to be around. We'll be friends
for life."
"I've had such a fantastic time at Emmerdale," she continued. "I couldn't have
done this when my children were younger because I liked to be at home with
them. Now they're grown-up, I was able to be in Leeds during the week and
although I was a bit homesick, people like Danny made me feel like part of the
team from day one."
She added: "They've very kindly left the door open for me. I'd love to come
back. I love it at Emmerdale and I will be sad to go. There will be a lot of
tears."
Aaron's Emmerdale trial plays out on screen all next week.