[guide.chat] : Eating!

  • From: "Keith Wines" <keith.wines@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:39:09 +0100

Hi Donna and everyone,

Good morning,outside this morning the sun was shining and it was quite warm but
the funny thing was it was also raining,when I was a kiddie we used to call
this a Monkey's birthday,do anyone else have thoughts on this?

Now for my main reason for replying to this email below,I have been blind since
2004 and as an ex-lorry driver it was a terrible chock to me and I cried for
hours,it all happened after laser treatment went wrong ,and so it was a shock
to the system.

But life must go on and so I came to terms with it eventually,but I do get a
lot of help as not long after my sight loss I also lost my wife due to
illness,and now I live on my own and have been doing this for three and a half
years now,but at least I get a carer to prepare all of my meals,and I have a
lady who comes once a week to do my shopping and cleaning,so I'm not completely
on my own as I also have some very nice people who chat to me either on skype
or email in this forum called the chat line,and so as I can no longer walk much
more than ten or fifteen paces it sort of restricts me a bit .

But since I went blind my two sisters and one brother do not want  to know
me,and I often wonder why ,are they afraid that I might want something from
them,it beats me every time,I must admit that one of my sisters lives in North
Yorkshire which is hundreds of miles away,but she also has a computer,moan over
about relations,who'd have them,friends are much better,I think.

I try to buy food that I can eat with a fork and a spoon,as it is so
frustrating to use ones fork and find that by the time one gets the food to
ones mouth and you've guessed it its fallen off the fork,or it wasn't there in
the first place and this is why I use a spoon in my right hand and a fork as a
guide in my left hand,one of my favourite meals comes from the chip shop where
my carer gets two battered Sausages and a portion of Onion rings ,the portion
is 8 rings and this is enough for my small appetite,and as a diabetic I also
eat a lot of pasta meals,like Beef Lasagna,Spaghetti meat balls,and Macaroni
cheese and Spaghetti Bollinase   [ wrong spelling ] these foods I find that I
can eat ok with spoon and fork and it keeps my blood count down for my
diabetes,so all in all I manage quite well.

I also get a carer on a Thursday afternoon to take me shopping or just about
anywhere in the three hours he is with me,plus I get a carer to do my paper
work on a Wednesday morning for one and a half hours each week,and life just
ticks over and now life is honky dory.

Have fun with life and if possible do not sit too long at your computer like I
did ,when I acquired it and once I had mastered it I didn't want to leave it.

Don't I ever go on once I get started on my soap box,so sorry if I've bored you
all,I'll go now so have a great day

My regards and best wishes to you all

Keith

xxx