[guide.chat] Direct payment

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 21:35:40 +0100

Good evening sarah
well glad you asked me.

Well actually now I have to pay £61 towards direct payment now.
At one time they paid it all for yu but not now them days have gone.

I have to open a account with standing ordder
pay her monthly wow it mounts up believe me it does.
How ever,15 hours now is a standards figure now
so say you just want 10 hours or even 7 you still have to pay the set rates of
£61 wow
so might as well have the full 15 hours and get your money worth.
Yes i know it sounds a lot.

If you pay that £61 a week towards the direct payment they pay so much towards
the carer.
also flexable hours.
if you have your carer on a bank holiday monday or easter monday or christmas
day or new years eve or new years eve or day then that is classed as special
holidays.
But if you want your carer to cook christmas dinner or take you out for
christmas dinner she or he weill get double pay because they are giving there
time up to not be with there families .
Yes yur right i had to collect my hours for that weekend.

So instead of julia doing her five hours a day she might only do 4 hours a day
save that one hour and so on .
good
eventually we saved all the weekends hours such as saturday and sunday because
i have her for 5 hours on friday anyway.
so from after the five hours upwards its all saved hours.

Good

Julie does all these things in 15 hours.

Monday morning raed all my post write for me such as cards or letters
shopping with me put my morrisons shopping away cleaning in between

Tuesday take me to day centre make me cuppa in there and toast help me make my
cards help me sort my lunch out in there
take me out shopping in the time i leave there

Friday call for me raed my post take me to bank and post office.  Take me to
henshaws sort me out make me coffee and sort my dinner out for me help me in
art class
.
also she took me to dentist fortnight ago took me to audilogest hospital
so she works hard
Took me all the way to yorkshire on train on 3rd of june hard work believe me.
she does my washing such as bedding and bath towls
she also fills in forms for me
lot involved being a carer.

Yes its good
you can have family as carer sister or mum or dad or auntie or cousins or
neighbour depending if they want to be yur carer.

Hope that helps

take care