[guide.chat] Re: Courting, dating and being old fashioned

  • From: "David L. Bailey" <baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 23:52:03 -0400

Vanessa,

        That's a sad story.  It pains me to hear how your husband mistreated
you so.  Unfortunately, many men are like your husband.  They are as sweet
as honey until they get the woman they say they want and then it is old hat
and they quit trying.  I try very hard to say what I mean and to mean what I
say.  I make effort to keep promises and I have been known to say to friends
I cannot do that or I can't make any promises and sometimes just plain no.
Although I am somewhat younger than you, I too am old fashioned and always
have been to an extent.  That is due to my papa's teaching.  Even though I
lost my dad just before I was twelve I learned much from him.  The biggest
thing I learned was to take responsibility for my actions and to evaluate a
situation before acting to weigh the consequences.  If our youth were taught
to shoulder their responsibilities today government support for illegitimate
kids would virtually vanish.  I am not saying I did not have urges when I
was younger, but I stood ready to be a man and shoulder my responsibility.
I also did not have a different girl every night or even every week like
some of my peers.  I had some standards and sure didn't want to be raising
no babies with someone I couldn't stand to be around.  Abstinence works!  I
always took on the youth of my teaching team when I taught middle school and
told the boys "don't put yourself in a position of creating babies you can't
support"  I am also staunchly against abortion.  Vanessa, you have had some
very bad experiences in your life and I am praying for God to comfort you.
You know he is the only friend I have except maybe my wife who loves me
enough to die for me.  Jesus did not promise to take me out of the world's
crises, but he did promise to be there with me.  Vanessa, Jesus died on a
cross so sinners like you and I could have forgiveness and eternal life in
heaven and that realizing this w could say as Paul did the troubles of this
time hardly compare with the glories we will know in heaven.  There will be
no more tears, pain, anger, sorrow, or death in heaven.  Praise God, I know
when I get to heaven that I will have eyes that see, ears that hear and have
the body incorruptible.  Carol, Senn, Clare, Phyllis, and Sarah you will be
able to eat all the chocolate you want and never gain an ounce.  However, I
believe when we all get to heaven we will be so overwhelmed that our carnal
desires will lose all of their importance as we simply worship him Christ
the Lord.  My prayer is that all on here who do not know him as Lord and
savior will confess him while it is not too late!  The Bible says every knee
shall bow and every tongue shall confess on the Day of Judgment, but on that
day it will be too late to make an eternal difference.  I am of the opinion
that this will not be a judgment as it will be two events: first the
judgment seat of Christ is a rewards ceremony for those whose name is in the
lamb's book of life and second the Great White throne judgment is the
sentencing for those who are condemned because their name is not in the
Lamb's book of life.  I believe that if we are Christians we must be
everyday Christians and not Sunday.  Our Faith must affect and be lived out
in every aspect of our lives.  If I have offended anyone I am sorry you are
offended, but I must obey the command of the great commission.

In His Love and Service,
David L. Bailey
baileydavidl62@xxxxxxxxx