[guide.chat] Angelas day

  • From: "Carol O'Connor" <missbossyboots33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "guide Chat List" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 20:36:49 -0000

Good afternoon angela
Oh things are impriving for you now that is wonderful news about your cane
horray
oh your talking clock too lovely
level indicator for your cup i have a vibrating one because of my deafness
cool yea
 braille is a wonderful thing angela if you could learn grade one
actually get your mum to phone the R.N.I.B to ask them how do you go on for
braille lessons
who knows they might send you a volunteer out once a week to your house to
teach you braille
do you have a vlind society in your town?
because they could put you on a braille course after christmas
what do you think?

i think it could be great if you could have braille lessons
well angela

one dot on its own indicates letter a

two dots but one under another indicates the letter b

two dots going across inccicates the letter c

so yes do go on braille course
very important

I took 12 months to learn it but well woth it in the endn stressful but all
paid off in the end
I write letters to pen friends now abroad
i get my telephone in braille my telephone bill
elettric bill in braille too i made myself a braille diary by writing all my
appointments in it good
i made myself a telephone book just got telephones numbers in there good

Wonderful thing to learn
oh that is lovely you got soft flowers from hobby craft and glitter glue lovely

I love hoby craft expensive though

websight here now
www.hobbycraft.com

take care

From: angela page - Email Address: craftymonty@xxxxxxx
Sent On: 16/11/2011 19:46
Sent To: Dolphin guide - Email Address: guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [guide.chat] hi everyone

Guess what my cane came this morning mum only ordered it on monday from the
RNIB so that was nice and quick,also got a talking clock its a cube with a
button on top, we had to put it in a window to set the time and calender by
radio waves really clever and the first time i have been able to tell the time
myself since last febraury.

i also got a braille cataloge mum sent for it thinking it was sighted as well
but its all braille it feels weird it felt like that bumpy wallpaper you can
get hehe.
I am going to try and learn braille i was suprised the bumps was on both sides
of the paper just like with writing i thought it would be on one side. at the
minite it feels just a load of bumps and just wondering how the heck will i
learn this,but i guess in time i will. i hope hehe.

i got a beeping thingy you put on a cup when you are filling with liquids at
last no more burnt fingers brillient.
and now have some dark amber glasse,s somehow they feel a bit better to my
others.

And to top that mum and dad took me to hobbycraft i got silver glitter glue and
brown flower soft.
so today i had a good day.
how is everyone else here today?
love