[guide.chat] Ancestors

  • From: "JM Martin" <jmartin33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Guide Chat" <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:50:40 -0000

Hi All

I heard a whisper the other day that there are a couple of you out there who
are, like myself, looking into their family trees.

I will not go into details and bore the pants off everyone else.  Suffice to
say that my great grandparents immigrated from Jersey to Napier, NZ in 1874.
There is a lot of information available online but I'm increasingly becoming
aware that there is even more potential info available.  Access to the latter
seems to depend on whether you are a member of ancestry.com or not.

Are any of you members?  If so, do you find the membership worthwhile?  I
believe that you get 14 days free trial before paying any subscription.  I'd be
pleased to hear any of your comments.

By the way, do you find that for some reason, your friends are not really
interested in the fact that   someone married Abraham in 1800 (?) and that one
of their children just might have been your great, great grandfather?  Strange,
isn't it!

Kind Regards

Judy