[gtk-server] Re: string passing/parsing

  • From: Jim Bailey <sleepydgym@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:28:14 -0800 (PST)

Hello Mark,

I was looking at your website the other week, getting
quite hopeful at the mention of CLISP, GTK,
gtk-server, and then Glade. I must admit I was a bit
dissapointed when I read "TODO - the whole shooting
match to be inserted here." :)  How far have you got?

And now I have a mention on it, fantastic, thank you
very much.

I still think the gtk-server approach is far more
interesting, it has a much wider scope, and it would
be great if it either stole the glade
parse-and-build-widgets code, or (preferably) used
libglade (although that is yet another dependancy).

Hopefully its IO can be firmed up a bit, enabling it
to be the preferred way of talking CLISP<->GTK.

But in the mean time, I think I have some work to do
adding all those function definitions to gtk.lisp

Oh, as far as GUIs for CLISP go, I once used tk (comes
with tcl) and I found some sites explaining how to do
it all. That works on Windows too, but its not really
that great a widget set. GTK is much better, but its
still worth having a play.

Regards,

dgym

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail