[gtk-server] config file

  • From: Jim Bailey <sleepydgym@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 04:20:24 -0800 (PST)

Morning Peter,

Firstly, thank you very much for the gtk-server.cfg
file, it is useful beyond words. I have just updated
my clisp-gtk2 binding to use it, so that now supports
everything in there.

Secondly, I know that the ability to add new functions
to the file without recompiling anything is great (I
don't like waiting for compilers that is for sure),
but, it would also be possible to use the file to
generate all necessary C code to make a standalone
executable. Handling the floats and different numbers
of arguments would be much easier.

I think I might have a little play with that idea when
I next get some spare time, it would make deployment
just that one little bit easier.

Good luck if you get chance to play with my dumb
parser, and if you are happy with the syntax I would
be willing to help convert some of the example
scripts, I have access to at least some of languages
on Linux.

Regards,

dgym

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail