[gtk-server] clisp, gtk-server & glade-2.10

  • From: CLisp <card.lemoine@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:58:23 +0200

Hello,

I have tried the Jim Bailey's package that is mentionned at the end of the
Mac Carter documentation page which is devoted to gtk-server and clisp
(http://www.turtle.dds.nl/gtk-server/index.html). As it is said there this way
is very interesting and easy enough to be used by a newcomer in lisp
(like me).
However since feb-2005, date of the gtk.lisp/gtk-glade.lisp delivery, and the
last glade-2.10 ship, there is perhaps a gap which is  a bit awkward. In
matter of fact some elements/functions that glade gives almost by default
(gtk_image_menu_item_* for instance) are unknown from gtk-glade and it were a
pity not to use them.
So as an exercise I've introduced some tiny new functions in the Bailey's
files (gtk-glade.lisp et gtk-server.cfg).
That is :
- gtk_image_menu_item_*,
- gtk_drawing_area_size
- and gtk_hscale_new_with_range.
The later doesn't work for passed values =/= 0 ; probably for the three
parameters expected by gtk which are double-float values while this type is
not defined in gtk-server. I then declared them as single-floats and get the
widget but only for min, max and step parameters set to 0.
Then my question :
How can we fix that ?

Regards
Alain