[gtk-server] Re: Using GTk macros or properties

  • From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:23:18 +0200

Hi Philippe,

If you want to use GTK functions, please make sure the 'gtk-server.cfg' file is
updated accordingly with the functions you want to use. If the functions you use
are not mentioned here, the GTK-server will return a '-1'.

That would mean that 'GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE' must be added to the configfile as
well. Still, if you do so, the GTK-server will complain that it cannot find this
call in the GTK libraries.

So in the end your suspicion is right: the 'GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE' function is not
really a function, but it is a C macro. There is no way for the GTK-server to
reach such a macro, since it uses 'dlopen()' to import C-functions from
libraries.

For now, I would propose 2 ways of workaround this problem.

1) Use the GTK-function 'gtk_widget_get_child_visible ()'. If you know the
parent widget (probably a container, a box, or a table) you can use this
function to retrieve the child's status. You have to add it also to the
GTK-server configfile; it is not in there yet.

2) Keep track in your client program if a widget has been shown in the past
already, or not. So administer the status per widget (in a list for example) and
query this list for the status of the widget.

Hope this helps,
Peter

--
http://www.gtk-server.org