[gtk-server] Re: I can't get v1.2.2 to work

  • From: Peter van Eerten <turtle@xxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:00:08 +0100

Thanks Mark for your kind words. As you may have noticed, precompiled
binaries for Windows can be downloaded from the www.gtk-server.org
website. Also the GTK port for Windows needs to be installed (something
which is by default the case in a Linux environment). A Win32
GTK-environment can be downloaded from the GTK-server site as well (GTK
Until now a full source compatibility with the GTK-server on both
Windows and Linux have been realized with newLisp, Prolog, CLisp, and
Scriptbasic. Programs written in any of these languages do not have to
be adjusted in order to run on these different platforms. (Probably even
more languages when using Cygwin.)

Do not hesitate to let me know when you are running into trouble with
GTK. The example applications at the GTK-server website demonstrate how
to use and create GUI's. Feel free to look into these programs and use
the ideas for your own benefit.

I hope you enjoy working with this tool as much as I do!