[gtk-server] Re: GtkTextIter

  • From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:51:07 +0100

A question is never stupid :-) certainly in this case, where you are talking
about the stand-alone GTK-server binary. But if you use the GTK-server shared
object/DLL by importing it somehow in your program (see the examples link), then
the client program actually can reach the memory, assuming the language has the
tools to dereference pointers (newLisp can do so, for example).

I made my remark from a generic point of view, to indicate that a client
language will have a hard time finding out how a memory structure would look
like, and if it can find it out, how to allocate it and set it up; since most
interpreted languages have no tools for these tasks.