[gtk-server] Re: Formatting floats (Was: gtk-server Digest V5 #3)

  • From: Erik Winkels <aerique@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 19:12:01 +0200

Hi Peter,

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 15:53:33 +0200
From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gtk-server] Re: Formatting floats (Was: gtk-server Digest V5 #3)

I'm going to let this issue rest for a while as I don't think your last set of solutions was very optimal (except for trying GtkCList which brings other problems along with it), otherwise I'll never have an alpha version of my application.

I'll just set the columns causing problems to not sortable and fill them with strings for now.

> Nobody says GTK is easy ;-) In fact, the list widget is one of the
> most complicated of all widgets.

Well, it was pretty smooth sailing until we hit this snag :-)

I still think gtk-server providing a pointer to a function for handling the decimals would be the best solution, something like:

    > gtk_server_decimals_cell_data_func 2
    > gtk_tree_view_column_set_data_func col renderer 1098432 NULL NULL

Where the argument to gtk_server_decimals_cell_data_func is the amount of decimals you want to display. So it would return different pointers for different arguments.