[gtk-server] Re: Application example

  • From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 22:02:07 +0100

Thanks Mark!

On your page you mention this:

"explain how to set up GtkServer (once I've figured that out, anyway!)"

But actually, that is very easy: just put the the GTK-server executable and
configfile into the same directory as your Lisp program. You could also decide
to put the relevant GTK DLL's into this directory.

The GTK-server always first tries to search for a configfile in the same
directory as the client script. In this way, it is possible to have individual
configfiles per created application. You can remove the API calls in the
configfile which are not needed, or modify a GTK function if you feel necessary.

So, with Inno Setup, just add the GTK-server executable and configfile as well,
eventually the GTK DLL's also. You can freely distribute these, commercially or
otherwise.

Regards

Peter

--