[gtk-server] Re: Ambiguous versions

  • From: Peter van Eerten <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:44:23 +0100

All,

It is always a pleasant surprise to see that the GTK-server project is actually being used by other people!

The Second Release series do not contain any new features or bugfixes. There were only some cosmetic changes and improvements in manpages. It just didn't seem reasonable to release a whole new packageversion for corrections which are shallow.

Nevertheless, from now on the project will follow strict package releases on any change.

Also more details on fixes will be provided.

Thanks for your support!

Best regards
Peter

Hi,

First off I'd like to say thanks for the gtk-server project;
it's been tremendously useful.

I'd like to request that, to avoid confusion, every release
be given a unique version and file name, no matter how large
the changes. As it stands we have two files
gtk-server-2.3.1-sr.tar.gz with different contents (and I
think a similar thing happened last year too).

Thanks,
Clive

I would like better release notes. The one sentence descriptions are a great
heads-up but makes me wonder how it works.

Your our hero Peter !

ScriptBasic also appreciates that you continue to support the project.

John

mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.scriptbasic.org

--