[gsis_admins] Re: SB 167 passed senate

  • From: Denise Epperson <denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:47:32 -0500

Thinking outside the box, wouldn't this second part of the SB 167 keep the
school system from giving DFACS information on a students, that could be
abused, without the parent's written consent?  The abuse would not be
directly related to the educational needs of the student and DFACS is not
defined as a state agency.  If the student isn't already under DFACS
custody, then the school system could not give specific information out on
the child, which we are required to do.

Griffin - Spalding County Schools
770-229-3710 x 315

Fun Fact:  The average American online user spends 70 minutes a day
online.  Woohoo I'm above average!!!

Disclaimer For Griffin Spalding County Schools "The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all