[gsis_admins] Re: Fwd: Unclaimed Property-GSIS User Group

  • From: Donna <donnacbeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:04:34 -0400

Great. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Gsis Users <gsisusergroup@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

I received a letter via certified mail from Gainesville City Schools. It
turns out they were subjected to a state audit and they found a check from
2005 that belongs to the GSIS User Group in the amount of $125. If we do not
claim it, Gainesville City will be required to send the amount to the Georgia
Department of Revenue's Unclaimed Property Program. Gainesville City no
longer has electronic records that far back that she could verify, and I
don't have records that far back. Since they have to pay the money to someone,

I know since I have been Registrar, that we make a couple of attempts at
getting money owed us, but after a while we write it off to bad debt.

I signed the form saying it belonged to us, and I emailed it to Gainesville
City. We will have an extra $125 for our next conference in about 3 or 4
weeks.

We also received a check for 1 of the 2 no shows from the last conference in
the amount of $230. I am going to try one more time to get the other check.

Also, only 7 board members have registered for the 2016 conference. Remember
that you are all supposed to be registered before the next meeting, May 6.

Thanks,
Anna