[gsis_admins] Re: Fwd: Applications from last year

  • From: "Tarleton, Anna S" <anna.tarleton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 16:40:53 +0000

My input is below:

Anna

From: gsis_admins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gsis_admins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denise Epperson
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:02 PM
To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gsis_admins] Fwd: Applications from last year

The following applications for board member were received last year.  All of
them would like to be considered again this year to replace Tammy.  We have
seen the applications before, so I want to try something different.  If you
know any of these people, I would like for you to write a paragraph about that
person (for each of the people you know) whether it is good or bad and send to
me.  I will compile the paragraphs for each person and we will review them
before we vote for the new member.

Samantha Mimbs
Monroe County Schools
I first worked with Samantha in Clayton County in the early 1990's. She started
out as an AS400 operator, then we began training her as a programmer. She then
moved to Monroe County and stayed home with her small children. When the
youngest began school, she started working with her daughter's school as a
parapro. Then she began training schools on how to use interactive white
boards. That led to a position in the county Technology Department where she
has had a couple of different roles. She now the Data Coordinator, handling
State Reporting and Student Information. She has volunteered in the past to
teach at GaETC.

Tamara Jacobs
Crisp County School
Tamara is at all the state reporting conferences. I don't recall her ever
teaching, but she is usually pretty vocal in the sessions I have attended. She
seems to have a good understanding of State Reporting, and she has an
easy-going personality.

Kathy Davies
Lamar County  Schools

Christy Prosser
Jones County
I have been in a number of state reporting and Infinite Campus sessions with
Christy. She seems to have a good grasp of state reporting, and the needs of a
small school district.

Raegan Cantrell
Newton County