[gsis_admins] Re: FW: Marriott + Starwood = The World's Largest Hotel Company

  • From: "Willis, Priscilla" <WillisP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 19:21:11 +0000

I know….more places to stay!

From: gsis_admins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:gsis_admins-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denise Epperson
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 1:56 PM
To: gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gsis_admins] FW: Marriott + Starwood = The World's Largest Hotel
Company

FYI

Griffin-Spalding County Schools
216 South Sixth Street
Griffin, GA 30224
770-229-3710 ext 10315
Fax: 770-229-3708
Denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx<mailto:Denise.epperson@xxxxxxxx>

________________________________
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 05:09:23 -0500
From: Marriott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Marriott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Marriott + Starwood = The World's Largest Hotel Company
To: denise_e_e@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:denise_e_e@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Merged company will offer broader choice for Marriott Rewards members

Web
view<http://marriott-email.com/1547cedfblayfousiatgkvxiaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Denise<http://marriott-email.com/1aa31b746layfousiatgkvxqaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Epperson<http://marriott-email.com/149258312layfousiatgkvxyaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

[Marriott
REWARDS®]<http://marriott-email.com/1819a495clayfousiatgkvyaaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

<http://marriott-email.com/1628e7d08layfousiatgkvyiaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Find &
Reserve<http://marriott-email.com/19cc327b5layfousiatgkvyqaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

<http://marriott-email.com/17fd713e1layfousiatgkvyyaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Dear Denise,

As a valued member, we're excited to share the news that Marriott International
will join together with Starwood Hotels & Resorts to create the world's largest
hotel company. For our Marriott Rewards members, this will mean even more
choices in even more places, giving you access to 1.1 million rooms across
5,500 hotels in more than 100 countries.

Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) are among the industry's
most-awarded loyalty programs, and they should be even stronger when the
companies merge. Our programs and brands complement each other well, and we
intend to draw upon the best of both programs to provide more value for our
guests and hotels.

This is the start of a long journey as we combine our two companies. For now,
we remain separate, and there is no change to your Marriott Rewards program
status, your Rewards points or your existing reservations. You will continue to
earn Rewards points and elite stay/night credit for your stays, and bonus
points for any promotions in which are you are participating. There is no
change to how you manage your Rewards account or book reservations.

Over the coming months, as we have more to share we'll be sure to reach out to
you by e-mail, at marriottrewards.com<http://marriottrewards.com> and via
twitter (@MarriottRewards). In the meantime, we remain at your service wherever
you need us—whether in our hotels, at
marriottrewards.com<http://marriottrewards.com>, the Marriott mobile app, or
via our Customer Care Centers.

All my best,

[http://epidm.edgesuite.net/CMS/Marriott/20151118_SPG/arne_m_sorenson_signature.gif]

Arne Sorenson
President and Chief Executive Officer
Marriott International, Inc.

No Offer of Solicitation
The information in this communication is for informational purposes only and is
neither an offer to purchase, nor a solicitation of an offer to sell, subscribe
for or buy any securities or the solicitation of any vote or approval in any
jurisdiction pursuant to or in connection with the proposed transactions or
otherwise, nor shall there be any sale, issuance or transfer of securities in
any jurisdiction in contravention of applicable law. No offer of securities
shall be made except by means of a prospectus meeting the requirements of
Section 10 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and otherwise in
accordance with applicable law.

Additional Information and Where to Find It The proposed transaction will be
submitted to Marriott's and Starwood's stockholders for their consideration. In
connection with the proposed transaction, Marriott will file with the SEC a
registration statement on Form S-4 that will include a joint proxy statement of
Marriott and Starwood that will also constitute a prospectus of Marriott.
Investors and security holders are urged to read the joint proxy statement and
registration statements/prospectuses and any other relevant documents filed
with the SEC when they become available, because they will contain important
information. Investors and security holders may obtain a free copy of the joint
proxy statement/prospectus and other documents (when available) that Marriott
and Starwood file with the SEC at the SEC's website at
www.sec.gov<http://marriott-email.com/124bcc7a4layfousiatglgnyaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>.
In addition, these documents may be obtained from Marriott free of charge by
directing a request to
investorrelations@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:investorrelations@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, or from
Starwood free of charge by directing a request to
ir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Participants in Solicitation
Marriott, Starwood, and certain of their respective directors and executive
officers may be deemed to be participants in the proposed transaction under the
rules of the SEC. Investors and security holders may obtain information
regarding the names, affiliations and interests of Marriott's directors and
executive officers in Marriott's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
December 31, 2014, which was filed with the SEC on February 19, 2015, and its
proxy statement for its 2015 Annual Meeting, which was filed with the SEC on
April 7, 2015. Information regarding the names, affiliations and interests of
Starwood's directors and executive officers may be found in Starwood's Annual
Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014, which was filed with
the SEC on February 25, 2015, and its definitive proxy statement for its 2015
Annual Meeting, which was filed with the SEC on April 17, 2015. These documents
can be obtained free of charge from the sources listed above. Additional
information regarding the interests of these individuals will also be included
in the joint proxy statement/prospectus regarding the proposed transaction when
it becomes available.

[http://media.4at5.net/email_domains/mar/master/footer_01.jpg]<http://marriott-email.com/1da8df849layfousiatgkvzaaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

[http://media.4at5.net/email_domains/mar/master/footer_02.jpg]<http://marriott-email.com/1c7d496a0layfousiatgkvzqaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Terms of
Use<http://marriott-email.com/124c0a2f4layfousiatgkvzyaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

[http://media.4at5.net/email_domains/mar/master/footer_03.jpg]<http://marriott-email.com/167a67bdalayfousiatgkv2aaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Privacy
Policy<http://marriott-email.com/184b24f8elayfousiatgkv2iaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

[http://media.4at5.net/email_domains/mar/master/footer_04.jpg]<http://marriott-email.com/17aff1533layfousiatgkv2qaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Guest
Services<http://marriott-email.com/199eb2167layfousiatgkv2yaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

[http://media.4at5.net/email_domains/mar/master/footer_05.jpg]<http://marriott-email.com/15154eb29layfousiatgkv3aaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

Email
Preferences<http://marriott-email.com/1b240df7dlayfousiatgkv3iaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>

To unsubscribe: Select "Promotions, News and Account" on our
unsubscribe<http://marriott-email.com/14c0d85c0layfousiatgkv3qaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa>
page.

If you unsubscribe from Marriott promotional email, we will continue to send
only transactional messages such as reservation confirmation emails.

You can also unsubscribe by writing to:
Marriott Rewards
310 Bearcat Drive Salt Lake City, UT 84115-2544 USA

©2015 Marriott International, Inc.

[http://marriott-email.com/18be22e8alayfor2iacvjigyaaaaacmojzmtav6fqjuyaaaaa]

and remedial action about viruses and other defects.

If you received this email in error, please immediately notify the Technology
Department, Pike County Schools, 7454 US Hwy 19 South, Zebulon, GA 30295.
E-mail: techsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx