[gsis_admins] Re: Any ideas?

  • From: "Willis, Priscilla" <WillisP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:48:21 +0000

I don’t think we should single out a particular group of attendees.

From: Carolyn Oliver
<coliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:coliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Monday, January 26, 2015 at 7:39 AM
To: "gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gsis_admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

Here are some ideas for awarding prizes but not during the sessions.

1.       Before the conference let’s find out by registration who traveled the
longest distance.

2.       Who was the 100th person to register? Or 200th or 400th?

3.       During lunch have everyone stand up that has worked for a school
district over 10 years.  Then increase by 5 or 1 until we find the person who
has worked for a school district the longest.

4.       Before lunch, we could tie ribbons around some of the drink glasses
and give a prize to whoever has a ribbon.

5.       Set up a display of 6-8 door prizes and let the winner choose which
prize until all have been awarded.

6.       Set up a display of prizes with boxes with  a slit in the top of the
box.  Anyone who wants to win that prize can drop their name in the box.  When
we get ready to award the prize, pull from the names in the box.

I’ll keep thinking about the sessions.

Carolyn