[groupi] Re: XML Standard

  • From: Beau Trepp <treppb01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: groupi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 17:22:17 +0800

Rishabh is the one who did the XML Schema. I just followed that. The Save library is meant to validate against the XML Schema. Which is the set of rules which says what can be named what. A File that doesn't validate against the XML Schema is corrupt in the eyes of our program. So if people name strange tags they won't get them.

An interesting point is the SaveLibrary will only grab out the information from our schema. If there is extra information, it will be ignored, (well you could use the functions to call it, but i wouldn't recommend it).

kianoosh wrote:
But anyway beau, if it is the last version and you won't change the names
again, ok I will change the names in my program but please do not change it
again. And it is really hard to guess what is in your mind I have to go
through the xml file and see what was the name and then put it in the
database and my program. Ah one more thing, if Sam do not use the same name
that you created, your save library cannot find the name in the xml file. It
was better to have function for geting elements without passing the name and
you could get it whatever you chose in your xml file but I think it is hard
for you to change it as usual :)