[groupi] Re: Update of Deliverable B

  • From: Beau <treppb01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: groupi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 01:11:41 +0800

Screenies Attached. Harder than i would've liked to make to. The damn emulator captures printscreen. So i had to go grabbing the desktop and then editing out the junk :(.

I'm assuming you'll be dropping the new pictures in the place of the old ones. Hence the figure numbers will not need to change. I just edited it a bit to reflect the change to tabs instead of buttons. (ironic as the buttons will be making a comeback after the meeting today).

With these navigation paths. I don't have a nice version of the RAD. I can't find 3.5.5.x anywhere. And strangely in the latest version i have (or can find, i have a 5.1 where my screens are.. it's broken).

Navigational paths are how a user would navigate through the program i'm guessing. Rather strange as this is the scenario. Looking at RAD one. The scenarios i came up with are navigational paths, so we didn't actually have to do that for part A, but we seem to have anyway.

I think i covered everything you where asking of me. The edited navi path/scenarios are below. So you can just copy paste them as appropriate.
_*
Scenarios*_

The following two scenarios describe possible user interactions with the proposed system.

*Scenario 1: Fred adds a new Site.*

Fred wants to add a new site to the onboard memory of the software. He runs the application and is greeted with the main menu (figure 4.5.1). Then he clicks the "Add Site" option. The program enables him to input the site details (figure 4.5.2). As he clicks next he navigates through the tabs enabling specific information to be inputted (figure 4.5.3). When the last page has been filled out, the display shows the site overview (figure 4.5.4) which allows the boundary points and other details to be filled out.

*Scenario 2: Jessica edits an existing Site's terrain details.*

Jessica wants to add in more to describe the terrain of a specific site. She runs the program and is greeted with the main menu (figure 4.5.1). Then she clicks the site she wishes to edit, which brings up the overview of that site (figure 4.5.4). She then clicks the edit site button, (the orange button in figure 4.5.4) this brings up the site details (figure 4.5.2). She then navigates the tabs until she finds the data she wishes to manipulate (a window like figure 4.5.3). In this window she clicks checkbox corresponding to the data she wishes to add . She then navigates through other pages she may wish to edit, before hitting the save button . This saves her changes to the site, and returns her to the site overview for the site (figure 4.5.4).

Michelle Le wrote:
Hi guys!
Here’s a little update of what’s going on, or at least what I gathered after today’s meeting. *Sorry it’s a bit of a long email.* *1. **Project Plan*
·         *Rishabh* has done this.
· I’m going to tweak it a bit. So *Beau* could you send me ALL past *Timesheets* and *Meeting Minutes* that you have submitted so I can keep it consistent. I actually need it to finish the second page of the RAD anyways.
*2.       **Client Sign-off*
· HOPEFULLY we will finish this *by tomorrow morning*. If not, *BY THURSDAY MORNING.* · I will pdf it like last time and send it to you guys. However I won’t be at uni on Thursday or Friday. · *SOMEONE* needs to *print off a hard-copy and go get it signed from the client*. And then *submit it at CSSE reception*. If we finish the document early, we can still send it to them via email, and then just let them know that “so and so” will come by the office at “certain time” to get it signed. · This *SOMEONE* needs to *meet me tomorrow* so I can *pass on the assignment Cover* Sheet which Beau, Kia and I have signed already. *3. **RAD Sections* · I’ve modified the document as appropriate, with client amendments and will update it with recent meetings and milestones and whatnot. · *3.5.1 Scenarios* – *Beau *to modify according to new screenshots. · *3.5.2 Use Case Models* – Hopefully this won’t take *me *too long to do. I’ll send it once it’s done to get some feedback. · *3.5.3 Object Models* (3.5.3.1 Data Dictionary & 3.5.3.2 Class Diagrams) – *Kia’s *taking this on and will liaise with *Beau *and *Lorin*, depending on what is being coded and stuff. · *3.5.4 Dynamic Models* – *I *think I will do a “state diagram” for this. Will need to read up on that. *Anyone *got any tips/help that would be great! · *3.5.5 User Interface* – 3.5.5.1 Navigational Paths: I’m not sure what we’re meant to do here and if we’re meant to do it at all? *Beau *what you think? 3.5.5.2 – *Beau *to replace with new screenshots. *4. **Acceptance Tests* · Here’s a link to the Test Manual template: http://undergraduate.csse.uwa.edu.au/units/CITS2220/se.resourcespage/TMtmpl.html · So *Xiaohang* has started up this document. =) Beau has forwarded it to everyone. · *Lorin*, if you could edit this document and add your acceptance tests from today in where you see fit, that would be great. · The client also suggested that we add in a reference table to show which requirements from the RAD each test is aiming to test, makes it easier for them to read. · And then maybe send it back to me by tonight? And I’ll fix up the formatting if you think is required. In addition, the client has requested a reference page. For example, (section 3.3.3 hardware consideration), we have stated “Recent studies have pointed to potential limitations of such screen sizes for effective presentation of information, placing importance on having a clear, simple GUI.” Client wants to see references to where we got that. (Someone needs to reference that example). So if *everyone *can go back and read the sections you did, and if you think any of the bits need referencing, could you please specify where appropriate.

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image