[GradeQuick] GradeQuick 10 Issues

  • From: Glen Lawson <mrglawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gradequick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:39:16 -0400

Are there more issues in GQ 10 than previous versions or is my district just getting a little over the top? For example, we use gradequick to send attendance in the morning. GQ now has a feature that allows other gradebooks to "see" that information in their attendance. This seems to me a good way to verify attendance across the day. But some people don't like it. What are your thoughts?

Our district has told us we are to name our gradebooks in a certain format. At my school we were told this is so gradebooks for a certain class could be found easily. At a friend's school they were told that they would not be able to "send" grades unless they were named in this format. We download rosters that are updated over our Student Information System module. Mine update just fine by the roster code even though I named mine incorrectly (I downloaded my rosters and named them before I got the memo, so much for being an early adopter!)

My last question is about the password on the GQ login. I know this is built in if you have a site license for GQ10 (we do). My issue is that now we have TWO login's and passwords for GQ. The first is to log on to the network drive that holds the GQ program. The second is the GQ login for the now password protected folders on the GQ drive. Two passwords seem needlessly redundant since it seems more likely that teachers will actually just leave GQ open all the time now. Anyone know about deactivating the second password on the network install? (not that the IT people are ever opposed to redundant passwords!

BTW, my true GQ annoyance is that they have now gone through the 5th version where the print screens don't work well. Up to version 5 you could print blank rosters or gradebooks using only the keyboard. Now you have to use the mouse because the "OK" button won't work with the "Enter" key. Also you can't scroll with a wheel mouse on the "Print Preview" screens.

Any magical answers??

--
Glen Lawson
Chestatee Middle School