[gptalk] wildcards in program exception path

  • From: "Matt Diglio" <matt.diglio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:37:43 -0700

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hello,
I need to add the javaw.exe program to our Windows Firewall exception list.
The problem I am encountering is that there are several different versions of
this, e.g.

C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\javaw.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\javaw.exe

Under ' define program exceptions'  I added
C:\Program Files\Java\*\bin\javaw.exe:*:Enabled:Java It doesn' t appear that
the * in the path works, and I am presented with the dialog box to
block\unblock the application.
I have verified that the exception has made it to the local machine. Do I have
other options besides adding 1 exception per build ?

Thank you for your time.