[gptalk] Re: vb scripts running from USB keys

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:25:11 -0500

What about setting the proxy settings as per-machine rather than
per-user? That should prevent them from changing the keys under HKLM,
assuming of course that they don't have local admin rights on the
system. The only catch is that you can't configure the per-computer
proxy settings directly through Group Policy. You either have to write a
custom ADM for them or import a .reg file containing the settings at
computer startup. See this article for more details.

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=10097

Blocking direct port 80 outbound connections is the way most people do
it, but this should work for you.

//signed//
Jamie R Nelson
Systems Engineer