[gptalk] Re: trying to deploy Office Compatibility Pack

  • From: "Northwood, Ian" <Ian.Northwood@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:51:56 +0100

Am I right in recalling also that one can no longer use transforms for Office
2007? I think you have to build patch files (MSPs, which are kind of
transforms) and deposit them in an 'Updates' folder? Check out
http://www.appdeploy.com and use the 'Package KB' link at the top of the page
or the 'Search' link off to the right.

________________________________

        From: "Bobby Benninger" <bobby.benninger@xxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:29:01 -0400
        To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Ok - wouldn't Microsoft have thought of this when they wrote the MSI or
no?

        On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Nelson, Jamie <Jamie.Nelson@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

        Yeah, my bad. You can specify a transform, but not property arguments.
I haven't had to use GPSI in a long time since I'm lucky enough to have
SMS/SCCM for software distribution.

        Hold up and I can write the transform for you pretty quickly.

        Jamie Nelson | Infrastructure Consultant | BI&T Operations | Devon
Energy | Work: 405.552.8054 | http://www.dvn.com <http://www.dvn.com/>