[gptalk] Re: tagging Desktop with username

  • From: SCOTT KLASSEN <klas9574@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:25:40 -0500

I do this same thing.
Scott Klassen

Subject: [gptalk] Re: tagging Desktop with usernameDate: Thu, 17 Jul 2008
10:22:28 +0200From: JLangerak@xxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Ronnie,
That certainly is possible, for example you could give the “My Computer”-icon a
different name, for example “%username% on %computername” so you can even see
on which server someone is connected.
You can do this in the registry under:
Just edit  the “Localized String” value to “"%USERNAME% on %COMPUTERNAME%”
Ensure you have a backup of course..

Jake Langerak ITIUM - Partners in ICTKeizersgracht 4421016 GD AMSTERDAMThe

+31 (0)20 - 620 81 99

+31 (0)20 - 623 06 79

+31 (0)6 - 41 17 80 57
Van: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens
Hamilton, RonnieVerzonden: donderdag 17 juli 2008 10:15Aan:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] tagging Desktop with username

Is there any way of placing a the %username% variable on the users desktop so
that is recognisable when a remote session desktop session is initiated I would
see who is actually logged on.

Ronnie Hamilton CCNA
Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland
Naas Road
Tel : 01 4011253

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
you have received this email in error, please advise by return email and delete
all copies of the message.