[gptalk] Re: starter GPOs

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:53:24 -0700

Darren,

A new AD-based security group has no "description" text until added. The point
is that it has a 'placeholder' for it. In the case of GPOs, we'd have to 'build
it in' using some kind of "Hey script...this OU already has a default Starter
GPO used for this 'xxx' server, so no need to add it again". As I noted,
possibly a manually added file in the Starter GPO's SYSVOL location, perhaps
additional values in the Gpt.Ini file (mmm...that might cause problems for
Microsoft), or perhaps something in the 'friendly name' could be used. Just
trying to get creative here and spawn other ideas.

Jerry