[gptalk] Re: starter GPOs

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 14:00:52 -0700

Jerry-

Thanks for the feedback. The way Starter GPOs work today, there is no trace
of them in the GPO that gets created using them as a template, nor is there
any notion of a Starter GPO being linked to a container. So it might be
pretty tough to be able to do some of the things that you want below. But
some of the other things, like linking GPOs and permissioning GPOs are
already handled by my GPMC cmdlets. The creation of new GPOs from Starters
is what I'm about to release in the next version of the GPMC cmdlets. So,
all of this should be highly do-able from a PowerShell or general automation
perspective.

Darren