[gptalk] rsop precedence help

  • From: rpo <rpo8373@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:01:03 +1000

hi all,

for some strange reason the ie homepage in our organisation has been
set in the default domain policy.

i find when i run rsop.msc and look at the homepage precedence, i have
a precedence list that looks something like this:

policy 1 <disabled>
default domain policy http://blah.com
policy 2 <disabled>
policy 3 <disabled>
default domain policy http://blah.com

so my question is, why is it being applied by the default domain
policy twice? from the very bottom gpo up to the second occurance of
the default domain policy are gpos applied to the users' ou, from
there up are gpos applied to the computer ou.

if anyone could shed some light on this i'd be most appreciative.

thanks,

daniel.