[gptalk] Re: restrict or disable pst files

  • From: "Thomas Marantz" <TomMarantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:00:54 -0800

This is what the ADM template would look like...

CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY !!Outlook2003

                POLICY !!DisablePST

                                SUPPORTED !!SUPPORTED_O2K3

                                EXPLAIN !!PST_Explain_Disable

                                KEYNAME
"Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook"

                                VALUENAME "DisablePST"

                                VALUEON NUMERIC 1

                                VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0

                END POLICY

END CATEGORY

[strings]

SUPPORTED_O2K3="Only Outlook 2003"

WindowsComponents="Windows Components"

Outlook2003="Microsoft Office Outlook 2003"

DisablePST=".PST Access in Outlook 2003"

PST_Explain_Disable="This policy setting will allow you to diable PST
file access in Outlook 2003.\n\n If you enable this policy setting PST
files access is diables.\n\n If you disable this policy setting or do
not configure it, users will have complete freedom to use PST files in
Outlook 2003."