[gptalk] Re: redeploy assigned software application to selected computers only

  • From: simpson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:32:45 -0400

When i need to do this I have to delete the GPO registry key first then
gpupdate....hope that helps

"Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/28/2006 12:25 PM
Please respond to
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[gptalk] Re: redeploy assigned software application to selected computers
only

Matt-
That's somewhat difficult. There's no easy way to target a Re-deploy
action on machines that have received GP-based installations. And
re-deploy actually only does a repair operation, not a full re-install.
So, the easiest way to do this might be to do a startup script that uses
an msiexec command to perform the reinstall on the particular computers in
question. Msiexec command line options are described at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314881/en-us

Darren