[gptalk] permitting a custom mmc snap-in via gpo

  • From: rpo <rpo8373@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:15:24 +1000

hi all,

at my organisation we have in place snap-in restriction via a policy
with this setting: user config\windows components\microsoft management
console\restrict users to the explicitly permitted list of snap-ins =
enabled.

and then in the permitted snap-ins list various snap-ins are enabled.
my problem is this list seems to be the default windows snap-ins. what
i would like to do is enable the sms admin console snap-in. is there
someway i can add it to the permissable list?

thanks,

daniel.