[gptalk] Re: new GPO Compare product

  • From: Shane Williford <shane.williford@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:32:50 -0600

I believe I'm in further need of clarification as well Andrew. BTW...to resolve
my My Doc redirection issue, I did the following:
I changed the "Target Folder Location" setting to 'Redirect to the following
location' and placed in the proper path (i.e.
\\servername\users\%username%<file:///\\servername\users\%25username%25>). I
then closed out of the setting, refreshed the GPO, then went back into it and
noticed the Target Location was changed to 'Create a folder for each user under
the root path' automatically, with the path setting retaining what I placed in
it earlier. A little quirky, but if it works. :)

Thanks all for a great list!

Shane M. Williford
Systems Administrator
MCSE, MCSA Sec, Sec+, Net+, A+