[gptalk] Re: net admins, have your laptop users experienced this..

  • From: "Dave Clapham" <daveclapham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:49:40 -0500

I have run into similar problems on our laptops at school using some
Gateways 450 ROG's and Lenovo 3000 laptops.   Here is what I found that
may help.

If the user is just powering on their laptop, then a wait of a minute or
so after it gets to the login screen will sometimes help this.

I also updated the wireless drivers because the newer software has some
settings that you can do that will allow it to find the domain before
the user actually gets logged in.  This has pretty much fixed most of
the login problems.

Pawnee Heights School District

Rozel, Kansas