[gptalk] Re: net admins, have your laptop users experienced this..

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:50:13 -0500

A lot of times the user simply hasn't physically connected to the LAN
before they power on their notebooks. I see that a lot.

In addition to what Darren said you should also check out the following

Cannot connect to domain controller and cannot apply Group Policy with
Gigabit Ethernet devices

Group Policy application fails on a computer that is running Windows
2000, Windows XP Service Pack 1, or Windows XP Service Pack 2

Jamie R Nelson
Systems Engineer
Ingenium Corporation