[gptalk] Re: local group policy

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:14:48 -0800

Unfortunately, this is really tough to do. There's no export capability on
the local GPO. The best you can hope for is, if you don't have any
domain-based GPOs applying to these computers, then you can do an RSOP
report against each machine, perhaps using gpresult.exe with the /z option.
Then you can take the output of those reports and use that to do your
comparisons. The thing to keep in mind would be that the local security
settings will not be reported reliably in many cases, because they do not
generate RSOP data.

Not a great answer but depending upon what you need to compare, you can
probably get part-way there.

Darren Mar-Elia

For comprehensive Windows Group Policy Information, check out www.gpoguy.com
<http://www.gpoguy.com/> -- the best source for GPO FAQs, video training,
tools and whitepapers. Also check out the Windows
s_1/104-1133146-9411929?v=glance&n=283155>  Group Policy Guide, the
definitive resource for Group Policy information.

Group Policy Solutions at www.sdmsoftware.com/products