[gptalk] Re: list administrivia --- Out of Office notifications

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:36:26 -0700

The Office Outlook 2007 interface is quite a bit different. Can someone suggest
the proper steps? I couldn't quite get it to work because it required an action
to take. I believe that it'll look similar to the following, but I got stuck at
the Action step.

1.                   Open the "Out-of-office Assistant..." under the "Tools"
Menu

2.                   Click on "Send Out of Office auto-replies"

3.                   Click on the "Outside My Organization (Off) tab

4.                   Click on the "Auto-reply to people outside my
organization" checkbox and make sure the "Anyone outside my organization" radio
button is selected [Note: On my device, the text "AutoReply only once to each
sender with the following messages" was visible in the dialog, but there was no
option to turn it either on or off...perhaps that is in a different interface]

5.                   Click on the "Rules..." button.

6.                   Click on the "Add Rule..." button

7.                   In the "Edit Rule" dialog, put in the addresses of mailing
lists and people you don't want to autoreply to in the "Sent To" section (i.e.
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx).

8.                   Click the "Advanced" button and select the "Only items
that do not match these conditions" checkbox, click "OK" to close the
"Advanced" dialog.

9.                   (This is where I got stuck and needed to enter some kind
of 'action')

10.               Click "OK" to close the "Edit Rule" dialog.

11.               In the "Outside My Organization (Off)" tab, type in a short
message that you wish to use as your out-of-office notification for those
outside your organization.

12.               Click the "OK" button in the "Out of Office Assistant" dialog
when you are actually away.

Jerry