[gptalk] Re: internet explorer - clear temporary internet files

  • From: "Mark Sammons" <msammons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 11:23:24 -0000

Graham,

I'm pretty certain that feature is only for Windows 2003 SP1.

A workaround would be to try setting the registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Cache
Value:  Persistent  DWORD

Default is 1 (Keeps cache), change to 0 will delete cache when browser
closed.  I don't have a W2k box here to try it out, unfortunately.

Obviously, the major downside of this is that using a script or custom ADM
template to set will tattoo the registry with this value.

Mark