[gptalk] Re: group policy security filtering

  • From: Steven <usersend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 17:13:19 -0400

As long as the access denied if from Security Filtering, that is exactly how
you should be applying your policies. managing them by group makes life a
lot easier. i do have a question though, are you using WMI queries in your
scripts, or anywhere else in your domain? Depending upon any added security
specifically for WMI you should not need to do this.

On 5/3/07, Johnson, Matthew <mjohnson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I created a Domain Local Group and added it to the WMI Security filtering
of my GPO.  I then added several other Global groups as members of that
Domain Local Group.

When I try logging in as a user who is a member of one of those Global
Groups, Group Policy Results says that Access is Denied to the GPO.

I set it up this way so that I can apply GPO's by just adding a group to
another group.

Can this even work?

*Thanks - MJ*

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This electronic message contains information
from Fisher-Titus Medical Center and may be protected health information or
other confidential and privileged information under law.  The information is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you
have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail or telephone at 419/668-8101.

--
Steve