[gptalk] group policy security filtering

  • From: "Johnson, Matthew" <mjohnson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 16:55:27 -0400

I created a Domain Local Group and added it to the WMI Security
filtering of my GPO.  I then added several other Global groups as
members of that Domain Local Group.

When I try logging in as a user who is a member of one of those Global
Groups, Group Policy Results says that Access is Denied to the GPO.

I set it up this way so that I can apply GPO's by just adding a group to
another group.

Can this even work?

Thanks - MJ

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This electronic message contains information from
Fisher-Titus Medical Center and
may be protected health information or other confidential and privileged
information under law.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named
If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or telephone at