[gptalk] Re: gpupdate question

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:49:05 -0700

John-
Sounds like two different issues. You will get the "Ok to reboot" message
any time that certain client side extensions (e.g. Software Installation or
Folder Redirection) need to run a foreground processing mode in order to
apply.

On the 2nd issue, I'm not familiar with fport, so not sure I can answer that
but I it is very possible that if your server was getting security policy
from a different OU, that moving it to the new OU would not automatically
undo that policy. Normally, security policy "tattoos" a machine unless you
explicitly countermand it with a new policy.