[gptalk] Re: [gptalk]Adding GPO attribute via script

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 14:58:08 -0700

I pasted this from the list archive because it got deleted from my inbox.
Assuming this is still a problem, post your script code so that we can see
how you are putting that attribute into AD. That error is definitely access
denied but if you say you can do it interactively that is a bit puzzling.

*       From: "Northwood, Ian" <Ian.Northwood@xxxxxx>
*       To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*       Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:06:20 +0100

In intensive testing, the script which I've been working on since November
a single remaining issue in that it fails to display 'Settings' in the Group

Policy Management console. I have identified the fix: I add the
'gPCUserExtensionNames' attribute to the GP, with the value
 refresh the display and we're in business.
The issue is, I can't seem to do this in the script! Each time, I get a
"General access denied error", -2147024891. What's puzzling me is that,
the same machine on which the script is running and using the same account,
can add the attribute manually via the console.
Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society Ltd. Registered in England and Wales.
Registered Office: County Gates Bournemouth England, BH1 2NF, No.61 Coll.
Financial Services Authority Register number 110035.
This email (and any attachments):
- is for its intended recipients only and may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information. If received in error, any use of this email
Please delete it (and any copies) and notify us on +44(0)1202 292333, ext.
-  is believed to be free of any virus or other defect but internet
communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and we do not

accept any liability for any loss or damage from their receipt or use.
Opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of the Society.
LV= and Liverpool Victoria are trade marks of Liverpool Victoria Friendly
Society Limited and LV= and LV= Liverpool Victoria are trading styles of the

Liverpool Victoria group of companies.
LV= reserves the right to monitor and inspect emails sent to and by its
employees.  To find out more about us please visit: www.lv.com

Darren Mar-Elia

CTO & Founder

SDM Software, Inc.

 <http://www.sdmsoftware.com/> www.sdmsoftware.com

Secure and configure your Windows desktops accurately every time without
having to learn or install new technology. Find out more about Desktop
Policy Manager at  <http://www.sdmsoftware.com/desktop_management>