[gptalk] Re: gpresult taking long time

  • From: hans straat <hstraat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:00:20 +0000

Darren,

The GPMC works faster then gpresult. This is troubleshooting step I didn't
think about. We will go troubleshoot a bit more :)

ty
Hans
www.datacrash.net

PS I will contact you some time again for a new artice on datacrash :)

From: darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] Re: gpresult
taking long timeDate: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 06:31:34 -0700

Hans-
Have you tried doing this from GPMC to see if it gives the same delay? It would
be interesting to know if GPMC’s GPResults wizard gives the same behavior. If
not, then it could be an issue with gpresult.exe itself.

If GPMC does behave the same, the next step might be to do a sniffer trace to
see where that extra time is being spent.

Darren

From: gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gptalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of hans straatSent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 12:57 AMTo:
gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [gptalk] gpresult taking long time

Morning all (evening to some in other countries :) ) When I run GPresult I get
emediatly the Sid information but then it takes ages to get domain information.
NSLookup shows the right DNS server and ping etc works fine. We are
troubleshooting this fenomenon several days now and getting more and more
problems as policies time out. Can someone hint me in the right direction
please. regards,Hans Straatwww.datacrash.net