[gptalk] Re: gpeditor crashes after adding custom policy

  • From: "Darren Mar-Elia" <darren@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:24:22 -0800

The ADM looks OK Hans but you're saying when you import this into a GPO and
apply it to a computer, the computer does not pick up the value?

Darren

From: hstraat@xxxxxxx
To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gptalk] gpeditor crashes after adding custom policy
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:22:02 +0000

Hey all,

I made a policy to disable tabbed browsing feature in IE7. But when I mark
the policy active in gpeditor the editor crashes :S

Policy is this one:

CLASS MACHINE
 CATEGORY !!Mostware_Internet_Explorer
  POLICY !!Disable_Tabbed_Browsing
  EXPLAIN !!DisableTabBrowsing
  KEYNAME "HKEYLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet
Explorer\TabbedBrowsing"
  VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
  VALUEON  NUMERIC 0
  END POlICY
 END CATEGORY ; Mostware_Internet_Explorer
[Strings]
Mostware_Internet_Explorer="Customer internet explorer policy"