[gptalk] Re: gpedit.msc

  • From: "Cruz, Jerome L" <jerome.l.cruz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:47:32 -0700

Aaron,

Are you are running a 64 bit system by any chance. If so, then officially, it's
not supported. I have all 64 bit DCs and I do sometimes need to edit from
there. So, we temporarily copy gpeditmc.msc to the Syswow64 bit folder. It has
'always' worked just fine for Security (Account Policies, User Rights
Assignments, and Security Options only) and Admin Template item. However, we
'always' test in the lab first to make sure it works. I have not tested other
client extensions.

Jerry Cruz | Group Policies Product Manager | Windows Infrastructure
Architecture | Boeing IT